I sure have been blessed this weekend. Got a call from some friends out here in Savannah and they wanted Rick and I to meet them for dinner on Saturday night. Haven't spent any time with another friend couple in almost a year because we just have been busy with family, etc. It was so nice to go meet them at the Texas Roadhouse. We just took our time and visited and just talked about so many things. Usually Jackie and I got together with her granddaughter, Madison and CP and myself. Since her granddaughter moved back to California, it has freed them up to have some time again. We are suppose to try to get together next Saturday evening and play some games. I love playing games with friends.
After getting home from eating, Wendy said I could come over and she would help me with my snapfish photo album. What a sweetheart, after working all day at the show, I know she was tired, but she still gave the time out to help me. Plus not only did I get to spend some time with her but got to sneak some time in with Landen and Leighton. Landen and I played noggin on the computer for a while and it was so much fun having that time with him.
Today, I went to church with the family. What a wonderful message that our preacher gave. I signed up for a prayer time to pray for our president and all of his cabinets, to pray for our missionaries, to pray for Christians that our being treated unfairly in other countries, and to pray for my family and friends. So tonight at 9 pm I am retreating to a quiet place to do my weekly prayer that my church asked of me.
What a lovely surprise I got after church. Rick was tired and stayed home to rest and then watch football, so I was on my own and Craig wanted to go play golf, so Linda was on her own. Linda asked if I wanted to go eat lunch with her. My heart was filled with joy. Linda and I haven't had any one on one time in a very long, long, long time and I sure have missed it. I love this lady and she is my closest christian friend I have. What a joyous time I had. We went to Mimi's to eat and then off for a little shopping spree. Of course, I had to get home to do laundry so I couldn't play all day and I think Linda was a little exhausted herself since she has been sick and then worked at a show all day yesterday. But for that little time we had together, I was so thankful.
What a wonderful, wonderful weekend.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I had a great time today too! Mimi's CAfe is the best - that carrot bread is delicious, too! It sure has been a long time since we had time to talk - just the 2 of us gals, hasn't it? Next time we'll go to Irish Rover -I've been wanting to try that place for a long time. Have a gret week - Thanks for reminding me of my prayer commitment, too. God bless you! Love Linda
ReplyDelete