Well, Lee Roy was baptized this morning at their family church in Colleyville. We sat close to were we could see really good and take pics, however it was so dark and I guess pretty far away, that even with my zoom lens, the pics didn't come out really good. With that being said, I am so glad that his Dad and I got to go see him get baptized in person. This is something I will remember all my life.
The preacher also preached a very good message today which was Peace for Troubled Hearts. It was a very good message and do wish I could go to listen to the follow-up sermons, but it is a little distant for church so I will just go to mine. I don't know why on Sundays I always seem to have a hard time getting up and getting ready, because once I go to church, I always come away with being overjoyed that I went.
I know the preacher was preaching on Peace with God and Peace of God, but I believe that sermons are meant for you to get your very own personal message out of them, and that is what happened to me today.
I came across with the sermon telling me that I need to cleanse my heart over all and any troubles that I have had with others and fill it with nothing but peace. So at that moment I started a new peace in my heart forgiving all that have hurt my heart in the past, asking for forgiveness of all that I have hurt their heart in the past, and moving on with tranquility in my heart. I have an inner peace and with this I have an inner calmness throughout my body and feel rejoice with the Lord.
I want my grandchildren to grow up knowing their grandmother has a sweet old loving lady and not one with lines on my face because of the bitterness I let grow in my heart.
I am thankful that Lee Roy and Valerie invited us today because I believe I was meant to be there, not only seeing Lee Roy get baptized but also to hear this blessed sermon from their preacher. Thank you Lord Jesus for moving me in the right direction and opening up my heart to hear your words. In Jesus name, Amen.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So glad you got to see Lee Roy be baptized - what an honor and blessing. There is nothing better than knowing that our children are walking with Jesus every day. The sermon sounds so awesome - in fact it sounds like a really great church which I'm sure is why Lee Roy, Valerie and the kids love it so there! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete