Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Done

Well Thanksgiving is over with and I feel that is a blessing in itself. The holidays are always so nerve racking and hectic that at my age, it just flat wears me out. When I was younger and had little ones at home I couldn’t wait for this time of year, now I just can’t wait until this time of year is done and gone. It sickens me to see all the Christmas decorations in stores and cities being put up and lit before Halloween has even come and gone. It seems like more and more people are forgetting what Christmas is all about anymore.

It was so nice though to get together for a lovely meal and see all the loved ones. We missed the ones that couldn’t be there for one reason or another but we had a lot of them there. Rick, Wendy, Landen, Leighton, Becky, Ryan, Clyde, Wendy, little Clyde, Christopher, Madison, Donella, Dale, Elisabeth, Rick and myself. It was great to sit around and all of us tell what we were thankful for, which most all of us for thankful for the same things.

Then it was off to my house and we had a crowd follow us since Danny, his wife Shannon and their daughter Shelly came over. It was great to see him again and what a nice looking young man he turned out to be. I am hoping they can come to the birthday celebration at my house on the 13th. It will be nice to include him in all of our family events.

Well it is Monday and I must get ready for CP to come. It will be so nice to see her again. I sure of missed that little squirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment