Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Lot's Happened

Well I haven't had a chance to post in some time. A lot has happened since my last post. Sorry to all the family for cancelling on Saturday for the December Birthday Party but Tammy and her family appreciated the food. I made a stew and she said that everyone ate some and there was only a small bowl left, so I was glad to here they enjoyed it.

Yesterday was Rick's actual birthday and he took the day off and then the ice came. So needless to say we weren't able to do much until late in the day when the ice melted away. It hit us all the way to McKinney so with that, Tammy and CP were stuck in McKinney so I didn't even get to keep little bit yesterday. Rick and I had plans for her to go running around with us and out to eat. Oh well, she got to stay with her grandma and aunt and I am sure she had a blast.

After we were finally able to get out we went and tried a new mexican restaurant close to us. The food was good, loved their rice and beans, probably the best I have had. The only drawback is that the waitress didn't speak good english or understand it I guess because she got Rick's order all wrong, he wanted every beef and she ordered him everything chicken and he wanted a soft taco and she brought him a hard shell one. Then we got ready to pay and she didn't give me the right money back so I had to go through what I gave her and what the bill said and told her she owed me more money back. What an ordeal! I would think if they want to work in a restaurant they should at least understand what the customer is ordering and also be able to give the right amount of money back.

I promised Wendy I would bring some Apple Fritters for Christmas day so I am going to practice my hand at making homemade apple fritters this weekend. If it fails, guess what, not apple fritters for Christmas, hee! hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment