Well, it was just a matter of time before it came our way. Rick's work asked people to take a volunteer 90 day lay-off or just work 4 days a week (we can't afford either one) and to his and my surprise over 100 people took it. Now this week started the lay-offs and we pray it does come our direction again. Been through one layoff already. Rick said that they are having a big meeting on Thursday and not to be surprised it they take away some of what people are making per hour.
Anyway, hopefully we are ready for whatever is about to come our way and God will take care of us. We have been through hard times before were we have lived on beans and cornbread for weeks on end amoung other things.
We didn't do anything special for Valentine's since we already knew we were tightening our belts and didn't want to spend the money on something we really didn't need to so we just hung out with another couple and visited and had a nice time. Then we came home and laid in bed and watched some TV together. It was nice to have the peace and quiet and for us to just enjoy each other.
Oh well, we are still on our diet and I am down by 16 pounds now. Going to have to go back to the doctor and get my blood pressure medicine adjusted because it is too low I think. I have been getting dizzy and light headed and took it this morning and it was 88/74 without any meds so I didn't take any for now. I will keep a look at it until I can go back to the docs.
Don't plan on doing much this weekend but taking it easy. Love to all.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I will be praying about Rick's job and congrats on the 16 lbs!! :) xoxox
ReplyDelete